That’s the One
Choosing good images will give you the best experience possible with the personalized photo products. Processing your image involves manual, detailed custom photo editing to achieve the best color match to the chosen paint palette. Keep in mind the quality of your photo determines the final result of the painting, so it’s important to choose an ideal photo to achieve the best result.
The following tips will guide you in the right direction.
- Good photos for Mini Kits are single subject, close-up images only. 2 subjects are acceptable just may not be optimal for the Mini.
- Classic Kits deliver best results with close-up photos of 1 or 2 subjects. 3 subjects are acceptable just may not be optimal.
- Big Kits are good for images loaded with details or many subjects – or if you’re looking for bigger numbers. The Big Kit gives good amount of details that’s easy to see.
- Clear, crisp images with contrast between subjects and background; vivid colors.
- Black & White photos are excellent for creating paintings in Artsy, Black & White, Vintage, and Cool color palettes. Black & White photos cannot be converted to Classic color palette, however.
- Subjects within your photograph should be about 2/3 of the image for great results.
- Dark photos or images with shadows or blurry, fuzzy subjects.
- Subjects too far away for facial details or full body images.
- Too much background detail or too many people.
- Images that are overexposed with too much light or dull colors.
Most usually, photos can be satisfactorily edited for processing. However for photographs that may not produce the best result, a new image may be requested.
Images of inappropriate nature will not be processed.
Choose the kit size you would like to purchase from the Personalize Your Own menu in the Shop. Available sizes are Mini, Classic, and Big. The customization steps to be completed are:
1) Upload image: .jpg images are preferred, cropping tool is available. You may also choose to email the image.
2) Color palette : Classic Color, Vintage, Cool, B&W and Artsy
3) Pattern style: Detailed or Simple
4) Frame style: Frameless, Floating Frame or Gallery Frame
If your image is unable to be viewed in the cart, please check the image size. It is possible the cart will not attach your image if it is greater than 10mb or in format other than jpeg, tiff or bmp.
For emailed order images, please reference the order number.
Standard products include any item that does not require personalization. Simply click on the item you wish to purchase and add to cart.
Order confirmations are emailed after an order has been placed.
Original Photographs and Mail-In Orders
Original printed photographs and mail orders are no longer accepted for processing.
If you have an original photograph that you wish to use, it’s easy to take a snapshot of the original photograph with a phone camera and follow the upload procedure. Place the photograph on a flat surface, focus the image, and turn off the camera flash before taking the photo.
You have the choice of customizing the outline pattern of your paint-by-number kit according to the detail level you prefer. Here are the pattern styles: Simple or Detailed.
Simple patterns are an abstract impression of your photograph with minimal shading yet include of all the main elements. Creating simple pattern style is subjective and based upon the amount of detail that’s there in the first place. In general, Simple patterns deliver an easy-t0-see, fast and fun painting experience.
Detailed pattern style, customer favorite, accentuates color shading and includes all the fine details for a portrait quality finish. Detailed patterns are challenging and time-intensive projects worth all the time and effort. Photographs of landscapes may result in a stunning amount of detail.
Whatever pattern style you choose, it’s always important to use good lighting and a magnifying tool could be helpful.
• Custom orders typically process within 2-3 weeks and may require additional time for shipping due to holidays and order volume.
• Standard, non-custom items typically ship within 7-10 business days and may require additional time due to holidays and order volume.
Any request to change an order after an order has been placed (photo or shipping address changes) may affect the amount of time for processing.
If your photograph is not received at the time an order is placed, this may cause delays in processing.
Orders with both standard and personalized products may ship separately. Please see shipping times above for standard products and personalized products.
Multiple Quantity Orders
For orders with 3 or more items, please allow additional processing time.
AN INCREASE IN ORDER VOLUME DUE TO HOLIDAYS OR OTHER FACTORS MAY DEMAND ADDITIONAL PROCESSING TIME.
For Christmas ordering, please refer to:
Any perceived threats from customers using rude or inappropriate language/tone will necessitate order cancellation and refund.
Shipping Costs & Delivery Time
The primary method of shipping is USPS Priority Mail. Shipping costs and estimated time in transit are as follows:
US Shipping $8 per order – 2-3 business days transit time.
International Shipping $30 per order – 6 – 10 business days. Please note: Regarding international shipments, duties and taxes are determined by the customs agency within the destination country. Although charges are not always incurred, assessment of duties and taxes will be based on the value of the order and the tax-free threshold, if it exists, for goods imported into the destination country. Payment of any duties and taxes is the responsibility of the recipient, and these fees are collected at the time of delivery. More information can be obtained by contacting your local customs office.
Once an order has shipped, an automated email will be sent with tracking information. The tracking link will show the time in transit and estimated time of arrival.
Requests to change any part of your order should be made within one (1) day of placing your order or the request may require extra processing time. Order change requests may include submitting replacement images, edit requests, or shipping address changes.
Due to the custom nature of creating personalized products involving time and canvas material that cannot be repurposed for other products, refunds for personalized products are not permitted for reasons other than obvious defects in the material or workmanship.
If you have received a damaged or incorrectly customized item, or if you are missing an item, please email Service@Easy123Art.com.
To return any standard product, please email your request: Service@Easy123Art.com and specify RETURN in the subject line. Returns for standard products must be requested within 30 days from the date your order was received.
To cancel an order that is currently in-process (standard or custom), please email: Service@Easy123Art.com and specify CANCEL in the subject line.
Wholesale pricing is available for current product lines of paint by number kits and canvas prints. Perfect for urban culture retailers, craft retailers, photography studios and online photo retailers, game and toy retailers, zoo gift shops, theme park gift shops, schools, hotels and restaurant gift shops.
For Your Brand
Custom product development and branding is also available. Our service offers the development of brand-specific, ready-to-paint art products inspiring customers to experience your brand creatively. From product and packaging design to assembly and shipping, your brand gets attention. Perfect for museums, artists, college teams and organizations, professional leagues and clubs, tourist attractions and centers, corporate organizations, magazines, entertainment brands, and popular product brands with the most loyal fans. They want to paint you.
Mini, Classic and Big kits and canvas prints available for customization. Please email us with your request.
The rule of thumb for submitting a photo is this: you must be the rightful owner of the image you are submitting. If you do not own the image, please obtain permission from the rightful owner and provide the proper authorization with your order.
For special edit requests, please type your request in the ‘Notes’ space provided at checkout. Examples of reasonable edit requests are changing the background color or removing details like a dog’s leash or glasses, or enhancing the color of trees in the background, or even removing a person.
Examples of unreasonable requests are such things as adding objects, clouds in the sky, or waves in an ocean, or adding a person that’s not really there, or add color to a black and white photo, or anything else you think would enhance your painting but would be challenging. For the most part, simple edit requests are acceptable.
Color Palette Choices
Classic Color Palette includes a full range of 42 acrylic colors. Photo colors are matched to the closest color in the standard color palette.
Vintage Palette includes 18 varying shades of earthy colors or sepia tones. Vintage palette paintings have the specific appearance of an antique heirloom. Full color photographs or black and white images may also be customized with the vintage palette.
Artsy Palette includes 28 bright colors. Artsy palette converts images to personalized pop art paintings with wildly fun color combinations and background effects as created by the artist.
Black & White Palette is suitable for almost any photo and the color palette includes approximately 8 varying shades of achromatic colors ranging from white to gray to black. This stunning effect creates simplistic paintings with high contrast and classic yet modern mood.
Cool Palette is shades of blue, and also suitable for any photograph. Cool palette includes 13 colors of shading from varied blues and grays and blacks and whites, creating paintings that are monochromatic and calm in color and tone.
- Paint sets may expire after 1 year of non-use. Preserve unused paint sets in a temperate location with caps secured.
- Paint sets will dry out if left open for several hours. Dry paint can be mixed with a small amount of warm water to improve consistency.
- Paint sets are not sold separately.
- Paints do not require mixing, however paint colors can be mixed to blend colors that border each other to smooth color contrasts.
Color Mixing Chart
The following chart is helpful for mixing colors within the palette to create a specific color in the paint palette. Experiment on your own with the recommended color combinations to achieve the desired color.
- SKY BLUE = 9 blue + 10 white
- MOSS GREEN = 21 light green + 17 gold
- MEDIUM PURPLE = 8 light purple + 22 dark purple
- BRIGHT GREEN = 20 dark green + 10 white
- DARK SKY BLUE = 14 royal blue + 10 white
- FUCHSIA PINK = 13 real red + 10 white + 12 pink
- MEDIUM GREEN 21 light green + 20 dark green
- LIGHT PURPLE = 3 purple + 10 white
- MEDIUM SKY BLUE = 5 blue + white + 29 off-white
- BLACK = 35 black
- LIGHT PINK = 6 fuchsia pink + 10 white
- REAL RED
- ROYAL BLUE
- DARK GRAY = 11 black + 10 white
- BRICK RED = 13 real red + 11 black
- GOLD = 23 bright yellow + 27
- TEAL BLUE = 9 medium sky blue + 20 dark green
- DARK GREEN
- LIGHT GREEN
- DARK PURPLE
- BRIGHT YELLOW
- MEDIUM BROWN
- OFF WHITE
- WARM IVORY
- BROWN BLACK
- DARK BROWN
- NAVY BLUE
- BLACK = 11 black
- LIGHT UMBER
- MEDIUM UMBER
- DARK UMBER
- MEDIUM IVORY
- YELLOW BROWN
- SILVER GRAY
- WARM GRAY
To be continued…
Your all-in-one custom paint by number kit includes everything you need to make your own art. Each kit includes the following:
- Genuine artist’s canvas with number pattern
- Wood frame (optional)
- 2 artist brushes
- Numbered acrylic paint set
- Helpful instruction sheet
Just getting started? Fill Me In: Tips & Techniques is an article with helpful guidance for beginners.
Paint by number outlines and canvas prints are printed on genuine artist’s canvas. The canvas is pre-stretched and pre-primed from the manufacturer to ensure longevity of the keepsake. For products purchased with floating frames, canvas prints are attached to the front wood panel. For products purchased with gallery frames, the canvas is attached to a backer board ready to paint and assemble in a traditional frame.
Frames are made from natural wood such as birch, oak, pine, etc. Signature frame styles are:
Floating Frame: Most popular of all frame styles. Floating frame is borderless with canvas attached to the front panel, (frame depth 3/4″ to 7/8″) wood sides visible. Clean lines, modern style.
Gallery Frame: Natural frame with traditional style, 1″ borders. Gallery frames may be painted or stained to your liking.
Frameless: Personalized kits may be purchased frameless, ready for framing. Mini and classic frameless kits include your canvas pre-mounted on 3/8″ adhesive backer board. Big frameless canvas kits do not include a backer board, canvas is rolled. It is recommended to adhere the Big canvas to a foam board before painting, although not required.
Gift wrap is available for the Mini Kit only, for an additional fee. Mini kits are sealed with your special photo printed on card stock.